Last week I posted a new recipe for homemade Cheesecake Marshmallows, and I wanted to share the recipe of how I used the mallows because the flavor is so unique.
The recipe for the cheesecake flavored marshmallows can be found here.
I created this recipe some time ago. I started with strawberry Rice Krispie treats that I created for my nieces and nephews. To make simple strawberry flavored Rice Krispie treats, all you have to do is use plain marshmallows in lieu of these cheesecake flavored ones.
The natural progression for strawberry cheesecake Rice Krispie treats came when I decided to attempt to make my very own homemade marshmallows.
Like most recipes, it is simple to make your own flavor or version by switching out some of the ingredients. You can create or use any flavor marshmallow you like, and the same goes for the freeze dried fruit. Make banana flavored Rice Krispie treats by using freeze dried bananas. Or even thrown in some vanilla wafers to make banana pudding Rice Krispie treats. Maybe that will be my next recipe to post.
The good news is that this recipe is extremely simple, so any level of cook can make it. It is also a really great recipe to make with your kids. I hope it inspires you to come up with your very own uniquely flavored Rice Krispie treats.
- 6 Cups of Rice Crispy Cereal
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 10 Ounces of Cheesecake Flavored Marshmallows
- 1/2 Ounce of Freeze Dried Strawberries
- Prepare a 9x9 baking pan, or size of your choosing by spraying it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pulverize the freeze dried strawberries with a food processor. Once strawberries are a fine powder, place the powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the cereal into the same mixing bowl, and mix together the strawberry powder and cereal. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, heat butter and marshmallows over medium heat. Stir with a rubber spatula until the butter and marshmallows are fully melted and combined.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over the cereal mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Pour the finished mixture into your prepared baking pan, spreading until even on top.
- Allow the treats to set up for at least one hour before slicing and serving.,